If a scope is pretty decent, I usually can't refuse the offer and will go pick it up. After a while, my house may end up looking like a tripod farm. It's starting to do that now.
So, I need to give these telescopes a good home. How do you get one you ask? Easy - just a few requirements.
- Must be a member of our club (Eastside Astronomical society)
- When we have our rare clear skies, take it out and let it play in the yard.
- Take it to a local star party viewing and show kids the moon, planet or some deep sky object.
- Come over and get it.
Send email to request a scope.
|Six inch Celestron refractor - come get it!|
- Celestron 6 inch refractor - pictured above.
- Celestron 8 inch Compustar (this is a very early "goto" scope and has a lot of gear with it. Needs a Y2K chip uptdate)
- Meade 10 inch SCT (another early "goto" scope with a boxy computer with it. NOTE: the drive on this one is kind of messed up and not working right, but it can always point and look).