Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Testing new camera and seeking Cebeus crater.

I got my new camera this weekend and the telescope adapter arrived today in the mail. Had to test it out on the moon since this will be the target of the LCROSS spacecraft Friday morning. The camera seems to work well and puts out a nice image. I think my old Vesta Pro was losing color for some annoying reason. Whatever I did, my Jupiter/Saturn images came out kind of gray scale.
I had to remove/reinstall the software a few times since it would work fine for a while, then Windows decided to forget about the camera and just ignore it. I then had to remove and re-install the driver software to get it to wake up again. Really annoying.
I'll have to test it out few more times this week to learn how to use it for the LCROSS moon smacking early Friday!
The arrow in the image I took is pretty much where the impact will happen. The moon should be directly south about 60 degrees up, so it's above the thick atmospheric gunk, and out of the neighbor's bushes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sir,

Your website is very much interesting; I am your favorites. Also I follow your website.

http://worldspacesatellites.blogspot.com/

I have been maintaining this blog for more than a year.
View my favorite’s blog

My blog deals with current news and images on NASA Space Shuttle Missions, International Space Station News, Aeronautics, Science and Technology, Astronauts News and Moon and Mars,

I have got many back links for my blog http://worldspacesatellites.blogspot.com/ from related sites.


So if you could provide me a link to my blog, it will be much more useful for user and young school and college peoples.

Around 10,500 visitors daily visits my blog. So it will be highly benefited for your sites also.

It would be great pleasure if you can add this link http://worldspacesatellites.blogspot.com/ in your blog so that it can benefit our visitors.

My blog details:

Title: NASA Space Shuttle Missions
URL: http://worldspacesatellites.blogspot.com
Email id: worldwidesatellites.info@gmail.com


Hope you would add my blog.

Please respond to me for this mail.

Awaiting for your reply.

Regards
Swetha Roy