Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ultimate Lego space shuttle.

When I was a kid, I used to pull out my huge box of Lego (I still have it, and it's about 50 lbs now) and spend a rainy afternoon on the floor of my room building an airport. I was pretty sloppy with colors and just put together buildings, planes, and terminals so they looked like a failed Rubik's cube attempt. This was real Lego too, not that stuff with all the special parts that they have nowadays, we had to use our imaginations. Not a single Jar Jar Binks in my box - and still none. Lego purist all the way!
Anyway, here is a Space Shuttle made by a couple of Japanese master Lego builders who spent 1,590 man hours and about 65,000 Lego bricks to build this. Pretty darn awesome! I wonder how they had the time to build this? No jobs? Or was this their job? Hopefully, they picked up the spare parts on the carpet, we know how much that hurts to step on in the middle of the night with bare feet....
(Thanks to Phil Plait's blog for the info on this)

No comments: