Anyway, here is the first image of 2009 and probably the first in about 3 months.
The gory details for the techie types -
- Camera: Canon 350D (modified - no red blocking IR filter)
- Scope: Orion 80ED piggybacked on 12" Meade LX200
- Autoguiding: Meade DSI on the 12" with MaxDLSR
- Exposures: 24 at ISO 800. Between 10 seconds up to 3 minutes
- Extra exposures: 10 with the H-Alpha filter used for the red channel of the RGB (bring out more of the whispy stuff normally lost in the light pollution)
- Software: stacked, processed and aligned with ImagesPlus