Sunday, May 24, 2009

I have a lot to learn still about processing....

I've shared out some of my raw data on a web forum (www.cloudynights.com) to see if there was someone out there that could give my data a try. Here is my version of M63 (left). Sure it's probably one of my best of this galaxy. But then I got Sal (aka: SGT500) to give it a try and he came up with this result (right). Wow! I had to match up the stars to see if this really was the image that I took, it was. I'm still doing something wrong and need to figure out some more tricks. I got the phtoton collecting working a lot better with the mount properly aligned, so I know I'm getting some good data. I just need to learn how to use my tools now.
I have a few more recent images that I'll post later, as well as a few more shots of the ISS. Station is passing in about 1/2 hour, so gotta go out and focus now!

No comments: