Monday, September 14, 2009

Cassini and Star Trek

I may be one of the few people that found the latest Star Trek movie appalling, and made me wonder if my Lasik eye surgery had suddenly failed me with all the pointless lens flares and motion sickeness inducing camera angles. That's a whole different argument that I could get started, so I'll stop there.
Anyway, the coolest part of the movie was the fact that Carolyn Porco from the Cassini imaging team contributed to the movie and oversaw the use of Saturn images. Remember the scene where the Enterprise rose out of Titan's atmosphere? It was a very small part, but pretty nice otherwise. That image is now available from Diamond Sky Productions to download.
(I'd post it, but there is a big Paramount notice about not posting it on other websites. Click link below for the images)

No comments: